Professional Web Applications Themes

Network Bridge a network cable is unplugged - Windows Networking

I have one PC and one laptop sharing the internet via cable modem. The laptop uses wireless PCI card and its operating system is Win ME. The NIC of the PC connects to a wireless router, and which then connects to the cable modem. I just upgraded the PC from Win XP Home to Win XP Pro. A new icon - two monitors with a red cross - appears at the right end of the task bar (beside the clock) after the upgrade. When I bring the cursor to the icon, it notes "Network Bridge A network cable is unplugged". ...

  1. #1

    Default Network Bridge a network cable is unplugged

    I have one PC and one laptop sharing the internet via
    cable modem. The laptop uses wireless PCI card and its
    operating system is Win ME. The NIC of the PC connects to
    a wireless router, and which then connects to the cable
    modem. I just upgraded the PC from Win XP Home to Win XP
    Pro.

    A new icon - two monitors with a red cross - appears at
    the right end of the task bar (beside the clock) after the
    upgrade. When I bring the cursor to the icon, it
    notes "Network Bridge A network cable is unplugged".

    Can anyone tell me what made this happen? And, how can I
    get rid of the new icon?

    Thank you!
    Rita Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Network Bridge a network cable is unplugged

    In article <0aa001c34805$1180b5b0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Rita"
    <yuenyeer@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >I have one PC and one laptop sharing the internet via
    >cable modem. The laptop uses wireless PCI card and its
    >operating system is Win ME. The NIC of the PC connects to
    >a wireless router, and which then connects to the cable
    >modem. I just upgraded the PC from Win XP Home to Win XP
    >Pro.
    >
    >A new icon - two monitors with a red cross - appears at
    >the right end of the task bar (beside the clock) after the
    >upgrade. When I bring the cursor to the icon, it
    >notes "Network Bridge A network cable is unplugged".
    >
    >Can anyone tell me what made this happen? And, how can I
    >get rid of the new icon?
    >
    >Thank you!
    Open the Network Connections folder, right click the Network Bridge,
    and delete it.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    [url]http://mvp.support.microsoft.com[/url]

    Steve Winograd [MVP] Guest

  3. #3

    What is the purpose of the network bridge?

    "Steve Winograd [MVP]" <winograd@pobox.com> wrote in message
    > In article <0aa001c34805$1180b5b0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Rita"
    > <yuenyeer@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >I have one PC and one laptop sharing the internet via
    > >cable modem. The laptop uses wireless PCI card and its
    > >operating system is Win ME. The NIC of the PC connects to
    > >a wireless router, and which then connects to the cable
    > >modem. I just upgraded the PC from Win XP Home to Win XP
    > >Pro.
    > >
    > >A new icon - two monitors with a red cross - appears at
    > >the right end of the task bar (beside the clock) after the
    > >upgrade. When I bring the cursor to the icon, it
    > >notes "Network Bridge A network cable is unplugged".
    > >
    > >Can anyone tell me what made this happen? And, how can I
    > >get rid of the new icon?
    > >
    > >Thank you!
    >
    > Open the Network Connections folder, right click the Network Bridge,
    > and delete it.
    > --
    > Best Wishes,

    > [url]http://mvp.support.microsoft.com[/url]

    Web User Guest

  4. #4

    In article <e6sDu0OSDHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Web User"
    <none@none.com> wrote:
    >What is the purpose of the network bridge?
    XP ICS - Network Bridge
    [url]http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/networkbridge.htm[/url]