Professional Web Applications Themes
  1. #1

    Default i cant download adobe flash player

    i cant download adobe flash player, i dont know why but i just cant download it can someone send it to my e-mail? (jmcbversion2.0@gmail.com)please?

    olhame Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: i cant download adobe flash player

    We can not download the flash player either. If you had success by having someone email it to you please do so for us @ [email]KathyRG02@aol.com[/email].
    Thanks so much
    The Wallcharmer
    Wallcharmer Guest

  3. #3

    I am in the same boat. If someone has this in a file that can be emailed could someone send it to me?
    [email]migliaccio.pa@erieplastics.com[/email]
    Thanks
    PMigliaccio Guest

  4. #4

    Well, I'm not permitted to mail it to you myself, sorry.

    It would be nice to know what 'can't download' really means. Can you describe
    what happens?

    If all else has failed then you could get it from the archived players
    technote... a google search for 'archived flash player' should take care of it.
    But I'd still like to know what's happening when your downoad fails.

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  5. #5

    I have also dl's flash player, and I never saw the movie or any text after dl'd
    it. I use to have this because I could hear music on my myspace account as well
    as other pages. I can not anymore. All my java scripts are enabled, yet it will
    not install or something. If someone could email it to me as well, my email
    address is [email]kgephartjr@hotmail.com[/email]

    petrfitzwelll Guest

  6. #6

    Try using Mozilla Firefox. It is free to download and macromedia flash player works on it. Have not yet figured out why it doesn't work through IE 6.0 or 7.0

    jellswo Guest

  7. #7

    I have been having the same exact problem for several months. The Firefox
    plugin, the IE ActiveX plugin, and the manual installer
    (install_flash_player.exe) simply do not download. I am positive that this is
    a problem with Adobe's servers (fpdownload.macromedia.com) because I have never
    experienced this problem before. I have tried to download Adobe Flash Player
    on at least five computers, each with separate internet connections. I have
    the same exact problem on every computer, no matter what time of the day it is.

    Right now, I am unable to install the ActiveX plugin for Adobe Flash Player in
    Internet Explorer. When I try to install it, a message pops up about 1 minute
    later: "Download interrupted. Please check your internet connection and try
    again." When I click Try Again, the same thing happens. Again, there is
    nothing wrong with my internet connection because this has happened on multiple
    machines with different internet connections.

    Adobe, please look into this problem with this server. I have no problems
    downloading any other Adobe products (Adobe Reader, Shockwave, etc.) and I am
    positive that there is a problem with the Adobe Flash Player download servers.
    I am located in Massachusetts...perhaps this is a regional problem. Can anyone
    else confirm they have experienced this problem in other regions?

    Thank you.

    retromango Guest

  8. #8

    I am unable to download the flash player onto my microsoft xp, MIE. I click the
    download button and it tells me that it will be complete when the download
    complete is visable at the top, but when it finishes all I see are open and
    ending quotation marks.

    lvnielson Guest

  9. #9

    Please read through the following forum post. If your are still having an issue, find my personal email and I will help you resolve this issue.
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  10. #10

    here is the forum link:

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=184&threadid=1262 552&enterthread=y[/url]
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  11. #11

    I have tried everything I can find in the Forum to install Flash 9. I have
    downloaded the uninstaller, deleted everything from the directory and checked
    permissions in the registry. I still get "Download interrupted. Please check
    your Internet connection and try again" messages. I know my connect ionis good
    and is not going down. I even tried it at work and experienced the same
    results. What else can I do to get this to download? Isn't there a site to
    just download the installer instead of using this method? This is getting
    very frustrating!

    johnc1949 Guest

  12. #12

    I am having trouble DOWNLOADING the installer, as it appears are (or were) most
    of the people in this thread. The thread you referred us to has nothing to do
    with a downloading problem but an installing problem. Specifically, I begin
    downloading the installer. It downloads about 2% at a rate of about 0.4 KB/s
    then stops completely and doesn't download any more. My Internet connection is
    fine. (I've had no problem downloading Acrobat Reader from Adobe and several
    large files from other sites.) I've been trying to download flash since Monday
    on two different computers, always with the same problem. I've tried with
    Firefox, Opera and IE on both Windows XP and Vista. I get the same problem
    every time. I'll search for the archived player but I just thought I should let
    you know exactly what's going on.

    xsadar Guest

  13. #13

    I know I'm new here, but if Adobe doesn't have a problem with me emailing you
    guys the installer, it downloaded fine for me, and I'll happily email it to you.
    If you want it, and the lovely workforce here at Adobe doesn't mind it, shoot
    me an email with NEED FLASH 9 in the subject (so I don't accidentally delete
    it) to [email]robin.nichols@gmail.com[/email] and i'll do what I can as quickly as I can to
    email the Flash 9 installer to you.

    cubofsin Guest

  14. #14

    PS The archived flash player has the same problem.
    xsadar Guest

  15. #15

    Hi xsadar,

    Flash Player does not download for IE, it is an ActiveX installer. Does the installation fail for IE?
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  16. #16

    I go to the site and select the Install Flash 9 option. After a few moments, I
    am prompted to allow an ActiveX plugin to install. I select yes and after
    between 1 and 15 minutes a pop-up windows comes up and asks if I want to
    install Flash 9. Again I answer yes and the wait begins. Periodically I get
    another pop-up saying that the download/install failed and to check my Internet
    connection. I select the option to retry and this pop-up/retry cycle continues
    every few minutes. I have stuck with this for up to 3 hours and still the
    download/install does not complete. I have even investigated with Ethereal and
    see each phase of the download go smoothly until the actually program is
    downloaded following the initial installation pop-up. I see the http
    connection establish, a few packets downloaded and the a bunch of timeouts and
    retries. I see the exact same thing when I try to download the archchived FP9
    installer. I have checked my firewall and no packets are being
    dropped/rejected. I do not have this problem with any other download, whether
    ActiveX initiated or not. :disgust;

    johnc1949 Guest

  17. #17

    Darren,

    No it does not install on IE. When I try it says Opening page
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/flash/trigger/en/2/index.html[/url] on the
    status bar but doesn't get anywhere with it (in other words it fails trying to
    download it just like my other browsers). By the way I don't particularly want
    it on IE because IE is too insecure. I only tried with IE for troubleshooting
    reasons. I use Firefox for my main browser. But it obviously is not a browser
    dependent issue.

    xsadar Guest

  18. #18

    atleast the download window is opening for some of you... ive tried keeping the
    screen up for a long time and the download option dont even come up for me ...
    ive tried deleting to reinstall but how am i supposed to reinstal if it wont
    even come up for the download ??

    kallyne Guest

  19. #19

    I'm checking with Player mgmt about the download issues. All the downloads go through Akamai and perhaps there's some caching issue.. more to follow..
    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  20. #20

    i hope you can help me
    I am unable to download the flash player i click the download button and it
    tells me that it will be complete when the download complete is visable at the
    top, but when it finishes all I see are open and ending quotation marks.
    please help me by sending an email to [email]kiran3093@hotmail.co.uk[/email] as soon as
    possible

    kiran_hussain Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast